Do you want to be part of the next big startup?
360pi is an award-winning price intelligence engine that helps retailers and manufacturers monitor pricing to increase sales and margins and optimize product mix. We help big retailers know exactly what their competition is doing, every day.
You're a developer; you want to know what's under the hood. How about this:
• Advanced artificial intelligence algorithms that pull structured data out of the web
• A 100% cloud based infrastructure
• A NoSQL database that stores a million new price points every single day: Big Data, very Big Data
• A MapReduce based analytical engine for summarizing, slicing and dicing our vast information store
• A web based portal, putting reports and visualizations into the hands of our customers
We're building a product using the latest technologies. We need smart people to take it further.
Work With Us and Get
• Responsibility: what you do here will have a direct impact on our growth
• Flexible working hours: we focus on results, not punching a clock
• Great hardware: a Macbook Pro, 27 inch display, SSD
• Location: We're nestled in Westboro, a great neighbourhood to walk around
• Team activities: climb a wall, spike a volleyball… we play as hard as we work
We Need People To
• Help build the web portal user experience for 360pi
• Enhance our reporting and visualization capabilities
• Keep abreast of new UI platforms and technologies: mobile, web, desktop
We'd Like You To Have:
• A keen interest in startups with the desire to take the initiative
• Be self-motivated, really self-motivated, with a “customer-first” attitude.
• Did we say be self-motivated already? Ever built your own software apps for fun?
• Prior experience in writing web applications in Python, Ruby, Java, or C#.
• An understanding of standard development lifecycle processes and methodologies.
• Basic knowledge of XML.
• Basic knowledge of object oriented programming.
• Experience or familiarity with web frameworks, either server side (Ruby on Rails, Django) or client (Dojo, Backbone, Ember)
• A degree in computer science, engineering, math, or physics.
And It Would Be Cool if You Had:
• Cloud Computing (Google AppEngine, Amazon AWS).
• Experience and/or familiarity with MongoDB or other non-SQL database systems.
• Experience with sub-version, git or other source control system.
• Familiarity with web user experience design principles.
• Experience with cloud computing: Google App Engine, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3.
• Experience in machine learning and data mining algorithms.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, we would love to hear from you!
While we appreciate all submissions, we will only respond to those we are considering for interviews.